1. Arwen's ears - as you can see from the photograph Arwen possesses the most amazing pair of ears. They are reception ready. When she runs in the fields they stick up with the wind and flap around. When she wakes up - as you can see - she has bed ears.
2. Every Feather - setting up a hospital and bird sanctuary is exhausting and a constant struggle but it is worth it. I'm currently working with Sam on handmade crafts to sell at several fairs and markets over the next year to raise funds so I can afford an outside aviary and hospital. The first one is in the old Granada Studios on the 13th April so if you're around then come along and support us. We have some beautiful things for sale so it will be worth your while.
3. Chocolate - I have given chocolate up for Lent and frankly it's not been easy so far. However, this morning my Boss gave me a huge Easter egg which I'm going to use as something to look forward to on Easter Day.
3. Sunshine - I actually get up in the morning and it's not dark outside. I leave work and the sun is still shining. On Friday I drove home from work and actually got to walk the dogs in the daylight. I love autumn - but seeing the sun after such a long time is definitely awesome.
4. Writing - my new book is giving me a kick. I am really enjoying the first set of edits I'm doing after getting the book down on paper. I love reading bits back and actually liking them instead of hating everything like I sometimes do. I'm still very much in love with Sanctuary, but I'm slowly learning to let that go where it will and move on.
5. Marnie - she always manages to make me smile even when she's down in the dumps too. We always seem to go through the same things at the same time.
6. Holidays - I have one coming up and it's giving me something to countdown to. It does mean I have to send Wilfred and Heathcliff off on their holidays and I'll miss them loads - but I also get some mornings when I don't have to get up at 5.